Ansio Fresh’s Online Grocery Supermarket in Chennai – Diet Tips for the COVID-19 patients with Diabetes.
Diabetes is a medical condition in which the body’s blood sugar or glucose level is higher than normal.
What causes Diabetes?
Carbohydrate-rich foods like bread, cereals, rice, pasta, fruits, milk, and desserts can cause this rise in sugar levels and unhygienic lifestyle food habits add other health complications that sever diabetes.
Who Gets Affected the Most?
People above age 60 with high blood pressure (i.e, Poorly Controlled Blood Glucose Level above 10mM and are at a higher risk of getting infected from COVID 19 and are more likely to suffer from severe symptoms.
How food affects your blood glucose levels?
What, when, and how much you eat all affect your diabetes blood glucose levels. Whether you have diabetes type 1 or type 2 diabetes, blood glucose is the main sugar found in the blood. If you have diabetes, your blood glucose can shoot up high when you eat too much.
Diet Tips for the COVID-19 patients with Diabetes?
Here are some foods Diet tips for covid-19 patients with diabetes that can help keep your blood sugar in check, make you happy, protect you from severe COVID 19 sickness.
1. Check your blood glucose levels at home if possible.
2. Eat about the same amount of food each day (Your blood glucose goes up after eating. If you eat a heavy lunch one day and a light lunch the next day, your blood glucose levels will be affected). A simple walk will help to control the sugar level after every meal.
3. Eat meals and snacks at about the same time each day.
4. Break your food into smaller portions: Eat 3 major fibre meals or 5 minor meals daily.
To know more about the health benefits of Broccoli in your regular diet – Read the Less known fact about Broccoli
6. Take your medicine at the same time every day. Consult your doctor about the best time to take your medicines based on your meal plan. ( the duration gap to take medicines before the meal & after meal)
7. Avoid Alcohol, which has more calories but no nutrients. The Consumption of alcohol during the virus attack will shoot up your blood glucose level to dangerous levels.
8. Walking, Jogging, and Exercise regularly will be the best choice to control Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes.
9. During Covid-19 sickness, solid foods will be difficult to get digested. it is advised to consume liquids like soups to control hyperglycemia.
10. Include Cinnamon and garlic, ginger, bitter guard in your diet to control sugar level because it has antioxidant properties.
Avoid low glycemic foods like maida Atta, pasta, juice, biscuits, chocolates, sugar, noodles, sweets, and other fat-rich foods.
Conclusion: Diet Tips for the COVID-19 patients with Diabetes
Always wear a mask and sanitize your space to prevent the infection in the first place. Follow these simple Diet Tips for the COVID-19 patients with Diabetes. Shop safe, fresh and healthy fruits and vegetables. Contact Ansio Fresh – Favorite Online grocery store in Chennai.
Disclaimer: Apart from following Ansio’s Diet tips for the COVID-19 patients with Diabetes. The physical condition of each and every person is unique. It is well-advised to consult a medical practitioner for a checkup and follow the expert guidance curing COVID-19 symptoms.